The Electronic Records Committee (ERC) of the Congressional Papers Section (CPS) provides resources for institutions managing congressional electronic records within their repository. These resources include:
- Sample electronic records policies that members can refer to when formulating their institution’s own policies.
- Checklists of questions and actions that repositories should consider when acquiring new congressional collections.
- List of vendors familiar with congressional office systems.
- List of funding opportunities for digital preservation.
- Links to online resources and tools.
- Reading list of relevant literature.
ERC also provides the CPS Steering Committee with proposals and recommendations and gives updates at CPS annual meetings.
The Committee is composed of the following members:
- Nathan Gerth, University of Nevada-Reno (ex-officio chair)
- Elisabeth Butler, United States Senate
- Alison White, United States Senate
- Jim Havron, formerly Middle Tennessee State University, now independent consultant for electronic records repositories
- Brandon Hirsch, National Archives and Records Administration (ex-officio)
- John Caldwell, University of Delaware
- Gregory Wiedeman, University of Albany, SUNY
View our operational documents for further information.